Looking for Ideas...

No... This is NOT a request to anyone here... Just looking for ideas, good contacts, etc. I'm not extremely active here and lurk quite a bit. Do a google search and you will see that I'm not a spammer, but an actual usenet user! Anyhow... Here we go...

I am taking a round-the-country trip with my son this coming August with my

12 year old son and we are looking for sponsorship of the event. But not from YOU... Okay... Continuing...

We will be keeping a log of our trip on the web and with a number of public forums that I am active in. One forum boasts more than 20,000 members, many very active and interested in road trips of all types.

I would like to involve a major automobile manufacturer in the event by allowing them to sponsor us during the trip in return for free advertising in my messages to the groups and on the web site I will set up or even a branded vehicle. Whatever is deemed acceptable in the forums, etc.

I've owned Nissans for quite some time, going back to 1989. Prior to that, our family owned Nissan vehicles all the way back to the Datsun B210 models. My 1989 Sentra went almost 400,000 miles until rust took its toll beyond repair... Even the tow hooks fell off! Anyhow...

With Nissan's recent ad campaign about a man living in his car for a week, we figure this might be something that Nissan or another company could use. We plan on taking either two or three weeks and driving a lot of miles... Something that could be spun into useful material if we make ourselves available to a company for promotional purposes.

I would love to try the trip in a Hybrid or some other form of emerging technology vehicle although we would, of course, be pleased with anything other than the small rental vehicle I am going to default to if we can not find sponsorship. I may take my own Nissan with 150,000+ miles on it... But probably not without AAA or something similar.

In addition, we would like to try and find a large company to help pay for the trip via fuel compensation, etc.

Any ideas for us? Let me rephrase... Any constructive ideas for us?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe