Ranger 2.3 L engine speed drop w/ heater

I realize that most stock engines are programed for a slight RPM increase when the A/C (or defrost) is selected to provide for intermittent load increases. However, my 2.3L Ranger seems to experience this increase on ANY environmental setting other than OFF.

Is this related to simply a low-power engine, or is this a characteristic of the Ranger, OR, do I have some kind of a problem that I need to address?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Rusty Burke

I think the owner manual addresses this issue. The air conditioner comes on for most settings for ventilation. There is one setting (maybe upper vents) that keeps it off. Seems like a dumb design; I'd rather have the flexibility to manually add the air conditioner to the mix.

Reply to
Jay Alperson

You may have a short in the control for your a/c system which is triggering the compressor to come on in all modes.

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared