AC/Vent squeak - only when vent on

I have a squeak that is directly related to my vent system. When the vent is on, I get a squeak or chirp. It increases with RPM, and also when I increase the vent flow. The only time I can get it to stop is with the vent at full blast or off altogether. Any idea what this is?

dmoney

Reply to
dmoney

The obvious thing would be to check for a foreign object in the duct work. Leaves and other garbage is sometimes sucked in. Think of it like a kazoo.

is on, I get a squeak or chirp. It increases with RPM, and also when I increase the vent flow. The only time I can get it to stop is with the vent at full blast or off altogether. Any idea what this is?

Reply to
Glenn

Sorry to the group, I must be a bit tired and my grammar is off this evening.

Glenn

I've had that happen before (on a different car). This is definitely a different sound. It's a squeak - not a 'leaf in the vent' noise (I'm not sure what the adjective is for that).

It also seems odd to me that it is related to the engine RPM.

Dennis

Reply to
dmoney