Ratcheting Noise on Shutdown: 2001 F150

I just had coil #2 replaced. Two things are now occuring.

The first, the oddest, is the way the truck shuts down when I turn the key to off. Where it used to sound, or feel, like I was turning off the motor, now it's like everything just disappears, both sound and feel, when I turn the key to off. Something is very different at shut down and I can't put my finger on it.

The second, is a sound I hear at shutdown when I listen from the front with the hood raised. First there's a whooshing sound on the right side of the motor (passenger side) and then a ratcheting/grinding/clicking sound. My friends 2002 makes the same whooshing sound, but does not make the ratcheting/grinding/clicking sound.

Ok ng wizards, without any other information, what's going on with my truck? What did they screw up when they replaced coil #2?

2001 F-150 5.4L AT SuperCrew
Reply to
Bryan

Chuck

Reply to
Bryan

Problem solved! PCV valve. Explains the fluttering or ratcheting noise on shutdown.

Reply to
Bryan