Re: 2003 F150 4x4 serpentine belt chirps on hard shift

Mine started squealing after I tuned it with a Superchips Microtuner. The Gatorback will stop the squeak!

SMC

My 99 Expedition developed the same problem after installing a B&M > shift kit in the trans. I figured with the auto 4x4 that the belt was > the weak link in the drivetrain vs the rear tires in my old rwd drive > muscle car. Now I know, and an going to try a Gatorback!! > > > > > > > > >Anyone else have this problem? > > > >Whenever I am under hard acceleration, (ie. hammering it) when it shifts > >I get a loud squeal from under the hood. This is not only annoying, it > >makes my truck sound like a POS! Can a dealer fix this or any advice? > > > >Thanks, >
Reply to
MOTO