1995 Ford Ranger 4 cyl emision question

I have had a problem starting my truck on very hot days (100f). When I looking around the engine I noticed that one of the hoses (there are two output ports) was missing from what I think is the egr metal tube (comes off the exhaust manifold). Found part of the hose laying against the engine block.

Of the two hoses one is black and it goes to something on the fire wall. The piece of the one is gray and I can not find where it connects to. I was my thinking that it would have to go to a sensor of some type or to the fuel injector, but I sure can not find it.

This is on the left side of the engine when looking from the front of the truck.

Thanks in advance for your help

ChrisW

Reply to
ChrisW

Well do I feel dumb now. Talk about the obvious. It goes to the sensor on the firewall just like the other hose. One sits behind the other, that is why I did not see it. Only three hours and a friend coming over to look.

Thanks anyway gang

ChrisW

ChrisW wrote:

Reply to