Re: 6.0L Smoke on start-up View:

I'd say your diesel has an injector issue or the pcm is not quite right. I have been around several 6.0 Power Strokes, 2003 and later, and none of them smoke unless hauling loads on acceleration. The newer diesels have cat converters and dont smell or smoke as the early years.

There is a problem if its blue or black smoke. Blue is usually oil burning, black is usually too much fuel or not enough air=too rich a mix.

Go to you're dealer and speak to a real service person (not the service salesman, writer), manager. No smoke is good news, period.

Reply to
garth