Re: F150: Model Diffs?

Per (PeteCresswell):

That leaves "Lariat"... and I've seen a few used ones that look >promising. Is "Lariat" a variation on "XL" or "XLT"... or is it >maybe a step below like Chevy's "Work Truck".

Got it. "Lariat" = floor-mounted shift/console = Bad Thing for the Really-Large...

I guess I'm down to "XL" vs "XLT"

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

You want the XLT. No question.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Where did you get Lariat equal floor mounted shift? I had a 2000 F-250 Lariat and the shifter was on the steering column. I now have a 2002 F-150 Lariat and guess where the shift leaver is located? If you guessed somewhere besides on the steering column - wrong!!

BTW, the grades are XL lowest (work truck), XLT mid & Lariet fully dressed.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Since 2004, each you have mentioned is now a model rather than just trim packages. They are from bottom level to top. These are for model years2004 - 2010. Engine lineup changed drasticly with 2011. XL - basic model, may or may not have a V6, no options like power windows, cruise, etc. STX - A more dressed up model, small V8, no 5.4 XLT - XL with a lot of the best options, power windows, cruise, etc. no leather, may have console, but no floor shift. may have FX4 - STX even more dressed up. floor shift, all the good options,may have leather. Lariat - XLT even more dressed up. Leather, probably floor shift etc. Platinum - Lariat even more dresssed up. Raaptor - FX4 on steroids. Totally different suspension, body panels, hood, grille.

If you are looking for just a basic, look at the XL or STX. If want a little more, go for the XLT.

Reply to
marlin.singer