Re: Super Duty chip location

Stock trucks do not have anything in the chip slot, which is in the PCM ( big expensive box above left foot). My SCMT on 80 hp raised mileage 1.5 -2 mpg. Go here and spend a couple days reading up on your truck

Go to the forums link.

Where do you put "performance chips" in a 2000 F-250 SD PSD? How do you > tell the factory chip form the aftermarket ones by looking at them? Should > there be a logo on the aftermarket chips I guess?? I bought this truck a > few months ago and do not get the mileage I see folks claim on here. Maybe > it's got an aftermarket chip in it or something? It came with a K&N filter > installed which I just cleaned and re-oiled but I know the filter aint > causing the poor mpg. > > -BunnMan > >
Reply to
bomar

Do you have any evidence of this? I've run K&N's before in other vehicles and likely would have bought one for this truck if it had not already been installed. In my old Bronco the K&N induction kit I installed gave a noticeable gain in responsiveness and power. Never heard anything bad about them. If you know of a credible source that says they are bad news even with routine maintenance I would be interested to look into it.

Thanks for the reply,

-BunnMan

Reply to
BunnMan

I had a K&N filter in my Jeep Wrangler which I removed after 10,000 miles when I noticed a film of dust on the inside of the airtube after the filter. Yes it was well oiled.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo