REAR Brake lights stay on: 2002 Windstar HELP?

Odd problem. It appears that occaisionally the rear brake lights stay on after turning off the engine and removing the keys. My first thought is the switch that must be near the actual brake pedal in the Windstar.

Anybody else seen this and is my first thought a correct assumption?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kenneth_drew

ALL Brake Lights are in the rear. Well, not IN the rear, but on the back.

I'd start with the brake light switch.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Same issue on my 2000 Windstar and the lights only go off if I actually open and close the left slding door resetting the conection odd any ideas

Reply to
Jones Soda Guy