92 firebird's brake lights stay on

On my 92 Firebird the brake lights stay on even when the car is off, noticed this when the battery died on me. About a month ago I put in a new brake light switch, Is this part of the problem?

Reply to
daword

You very well could have a short in the connector, have the wires backwards (some brake light switches will take a connector either way), or it is not adjusted properly. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig