Refrigerant capacity for 99 Navigator with aux air?

Can someone out there with a good library tell me the refrigerant capacity for a 99 Navigator with Aux A/C?

I need to replace a hose and would like to charge to the design capacity.

Thanks !

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 21:16:12 -0500, NewsSkimmer rearranged some electrons to form:

It should be on a sticker under the hood.

Reply to
David M

Isn't it necessary to evacuate the air as well as fill the refridgerant?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Look under the hood. Also see

. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:08:58 +0000, Jeff Strickland rearranged some electrons to form:

I was wondering how the OP was going to replace a hose without evacuating the system and recharging it.

Rather than 'charging to the design capacity' he needs to charge it according to the refrigerant gauge readings.

Reply to
David M

Yes, I left a few steps out....steps irrelevant to the question.

It might also be necessary to open the hood, loosen some fasteners, blink, breathe, take off the fitting caps, leak check, etc.

And yes, I will monitor the gauges during the loading process....but it is nice to know what the engineers intended as a sanity check.

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

If the sticker is missing from under the hood (and you don't get an answer here- sorry, I don't know), you could cruise the used car lots and your local FLM dealer and check for one there.

Good luck, SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

This is completely ass backward. Using the gauges to load refrigerant is NOT reliable. You can damage components doing this - especially if you think this is the right way to do things.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I agree...the design capacity should put you spot on....if everything else is right.

Ed...what are the signs of the system being OVER charged?

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

A large hole in the condenser is a sure sign...

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White