Service Bullettin Just In

All 2004 and some 2005 5R55S, 5R55E, and 5R44E Automatic Transmissions. I've got a Ranger 3.0 and Auto. "Your vehichle was filled at the assembly plant with transmission fluid formulation that, over time, may cause delayed/harsh reverse engaements." It goes on to say that your dealer will "add, at no cost a transmission fluid additive to correct the formulation of the fluid and maintain shift performance." But that the free offer only lasts until 3-31-05. Wow whats that all about? My truck has about 1600 miles and seems to be doing okay for now. Anyway, if your Ford vehicle falls into this catagory you will be getting a letter from Ford, if you already haven't.

Reply to
menunet

I heard this before. Why don't they replace the fluid with the right stuff? Damn cheapskates. That's what I'd do even if I had to pay for it. The additive sounds like a band-aid.

Reply to
Mark