service manuals

Who publishes the best F150 service manual: Hayes, Chilton, or Fords service manual (if available)? Thanks Mick

On 24 Sep 2003 18:39:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mbaker3039) wrote:

The factory manuals are best. Try Ebay or www.helminc.com

D F Bonnett responded:

How do you buy from Helm Inc. if you are not a dealer?
-- frosty

Fords
You sends them yer munny, they sends you yer service manuals. Pretty simple stuff.

Go to the website. Left hand side select "Aftermarket". Fill in the blanks. Pay your money.

D F Bonnett wrote:

Thanks. Dunno how I missed those big "Aftermarket" links!
Can I assume that the $170 Shop Manual on CD-ROM is not the same CD-ROM I see on eBay for ten to twenty bucks, or are the eBay offerings bootlegs?
-- frosty

I don't know actually. I only have the printed manuals for my vehicles. I like something I can have right at hand while working.
Go to "aftermarket". They say you can buy online but there's a phone number there too, I think.
Thanks, D F. I'd been looking for the same info.
Randy
On 24 Sep 2003 18:39:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mbaker3039) wrote:

For my 91 F150, not Haynes...

David Jones djones<at>LSidaho.com
Mbaker3039 wrote:

Get the factory manuals they are the best it is better someone explain something to you than not having the info at all.
Thanks all I agree that the factory manuals are probably better but where besides helmsinc (they dont have mine in stock)

Site Timeline