Steven King F150 wierd truck

Has anyone ever hear of this happening? Our friends own a 1997 F150 4WD with a small V8 and standard shift. They tried to start the truck and it would not start. They then got out of the truck (in gear, key off) and while they were walking away to talk to friends, the truck started and drove forward into thier house. There were witnesses to this happening. What could possibly cause this to happen?

Reply to
Walt

Two possibilities:

  1. Demonic possession. OR
  2. All the witnesses to this fictional event are liars.

What most likely happened: Idiot owners drove truck into house and conjured up BS story in an attempt to place blame elsewhere.

Reply to
bomar

LOL!!! I agree, I can't see any possible way that this can happen???? we could be wrong, but I doubt it ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Agreed..the only other scenario I can think of is the truck had an auto-start unit that was malfunctioning, but since auto start units are not compatible with manual trannies this is highly unlikely, unless they had one installed and bypassed the clutch interlock so it would work, which is a very bad idea.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Remote start for manual transmission are difficult to find but they are out there. They verify your transmission is in neutral before starting. Look at the "Mannix" alarm and remote start at the bottom of this page.

I.Care

Reply to
I. Care

I'll tell you how it happened. It didn't.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Dr. Evil quote "Right"

Reply to
Michael O

Reply to
Walt

A bullshit story if ever I heard one.

Reply to
Scott

My father's Ford-engined dune buggy cranked over all by itself at night while it was parked next to the ocean, where there was a lot of fog and salt spray. Apparently, the salty water/fog caused an electrical path at either the key switch or the starter relay. The cranking woke us up...good thing it was in neutral. From then on, we always disconnected the battery at night.

Without the salt spray to make a path, I'm not sure if this condition is repeatable.

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz

Could the key have possible been in the "on" position? I had my BII start itself once - I was letting it roll down a hill (in a parking area) with the key on so the steering wheel would turn. I engaged the clutch to assist braking (no power-assist on the brakes with the engine off) and the momentum was enough to turn the engine over. If the key is in the off position or the vehicle didn't roll downhill before the engine started, then I can't think of a way that could happen.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

"Walt" had writtennews:404072f7 snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed.slurp.net:

I would like to hear the explanation. I have no opinion if it's truth or fiction but still interested in the results. If true, it would be of concern to other owners.

Reply to
Barney