1999 F150 In 4 wheel drive?

I have a 1995 F150, V6 with 4 wheel drive. It has the shift on the floor to engage it. This weekend during the big storm here in the east it didn't seem to me that the front wheels were engaged. I wasn't sure if it was because the roads were very greasy or if the wheels weren't engaging. Is there a way I can check to see if they are engaging or not? The indicator light comes on. I did shift into low to get out of a snow filled parking lot and that seemed to go into 4 wheel drive.

The truck has 95k on it if that makes any difference.. Thanks in advance! tom

Reply to
TomM in NY