tach install

I have a 1992 ford f-150 and I want to put a after market tach with a shift lite in it and I want to know how. anyone with any ideas please message me. please tell me which wires to attach to.

Reply to
mitsurugi3644

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:46:21 -0800, mitsurugi3644 rearranged some electrons to form:

Why?

Reply to
David M

I want to cause it would be something fun to do plus my ford doesn't have a tach in it and it is a manual.

Reply to
mitsurugi3644

Just shift when the rev limiter kicks in or the valves float out. ;-)

CJB

Reply to
CJB

A new tach will come with installation instructions. A tach is needed if you intend to race, otherwise, after a few weeks you probably won't remember to look at it. A tach is good to have for tuneup work, but most auto meters have a tach function. My speedometer has shiftpoint lines on it.....maybe yours too?

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

JEEEEEEZE..... if you need a tach OR a speedometer to tell you when to shift, you probably ought not to be driving on public streets.

Steve Barker