The "Broinger II"/"RangoII" is coming to life ! (Ranger trailer-behind a BII)

Almost Frankensteinish:

(this is a followup to my "Trailer questions (trailer is an '86?

4x4 Ranger bed and frame)" post ; Message-ID: )

5 years ago I bought a "converted truck frame/bed" utility trailer at a garage sale for (??) for $150. It was probably built off a wrecked '84 Ranger 4x4; has those butt-ugly white "4 spoke" wheels; and the bed was elevated 4" off the frame (STX or aftermarket lift?? )

The tow vehicle ? ''88 Bronco II .

It's a legal trailer; whoever built it got the WA state inspection tag and the paperwork right.

It looked like crap; the bed was beat to sh*t ; but it towed true and hauled many loads of garbage/furniture/old safes (!) /etc.

The bed started rustrotting away last year; (real bad) . The bumper was 'chickenshit' welded high to make up for the 4" lift and broke off while loading the safes. (nothing illegal; surplus safes my friend bought for storing master tapes)

Today; I replaced the bed; pulled out the 4" spacer blocks; and (properly) installed the bumper off the 'donor' $50 '89 Ranger.

I created a monster.. (maybe only in my own mind ?) ; it now shows severe promise of being far more than just a "garbage hauler" .

The rims and tires are a bingo-- it will get a pair of Mopar 15x8 copcar rims; and either Denman 8 ply trailer radials or LT245/70 Dunlop Touring LTs to match whats on the BII

Reply to
R. Asby Dragon

Pictures, man! Post a link to some pictures!!!

Reply to
Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig