Throttle Return Screw (TRC)

I have a 1997 AWD Ford Explorer 5.0 Liter and am trying to find out the correct procedure for setting the Throttle Plate opening by adjusting the
stop screw on the Throttle Body. Hope you understand what I'm looking for. Anyone have any Idea or a website I can got to for this procedure??
Thanks in advance.

Ford uses an idle air control solenoid to control idle. Thus I've always used the process of crank it so the car will idle with the IAC disconnected. Then slowly close it until the engine dies. Then a 1/2 turn back open and call it set. Unplug the battery and wait 10 minutes to clear the adaptive tables in the EEC, and hook the IAC back up. Start the car and let the eec relearn idle control.

Site Timeline