Can't Get Full Throttle

I have a 1989 S-10 Blazer w/4.3. While adjusting the TV cable on the throttle body linkage, I noticed that the TV cable stops the throttle from opening all the way to a vertical position (stops at about 80 degrees instead of 90 degrees or straight vertical). Is there any way to lenghten the cable slightly to allow the throttle to reach the stop tab on the throttle body? Maybe the extra 10 degrees will not make any difference in performance but I would feel better if it could go all the way to the stop on the TB.

Thanks for help.

Bruce Smith

Reply to
Underling

throttle. Just push the pedal down really hard and it should let go and ratchet out.

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
Fred Mehlos

Thanks Scott and Fred. I got it working properly.

Bruce

Reply to
Underling

Cool!