Torque-dearth is wussifying American workers

I think Ford needs to come out with a V-10 diesel, outputting at least

950 ft/lbs of raw, asphalt-abrading, red white and blue torque. I feel inadequate driving the current PowerStroke models. A construction worker in a Komatsu dozer smirked at me last week and they're even towing jet planes on runways to advertise the VW Touareg TDI. America can and must top those Krauts!

Since global warming is a liberal hoax, oil is infinite, and particulate pollution is a myth, we can't let Green politics influence engineering decisions, as is the ominous trend. We need more power and we need it now! Blue collar sonofaguns, unite!

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

Funny...and if it isn't a joke it's typical Republican BS.

Reply to
I. Care

You need a new hat:

Joe S.

Hell, I pegged the guy as a Democrat.

: > Since global warming is a liberal hoax, oil is infinite, and : > particulate pollution is a myth, we can't let Green politics influence : > engineering decisions, as is the ominous trend. We need more power and : > we need it now! Blue collar sonofaguns, unite! : >

: > Steve : >

: >

: Funny...and if it isn't a joke it's typical Republican BS. : -- : I. Care : Address fake until the SPAM goes away ;-}

Reply to
Mellowed

OK then, even if your pathetic misinformed, liberal, tree hugging troll were simply a seriously misguided statement, let me toss you a few facts to help set you straight, maybe keep you from further making a fool of yourself in public.

Hum... Volkswagens Touareg V-10 TDI has a starting MSRP of $60,000.00 5.0-liter V-10 TDI With 310 horsepower and a 553 lb-ft of torque Towing capacity 7,716 lbs

2007 F-350 XLT. base MSRP: $26,500.00 6.0-liter V-8 Powerstroke With 325 horsepower and a 570 lb-ft of torque Towing capacity 15,000 lbs

Half the price, bigger more powerful diesel , twice the towing capacity... Doh!

Reply to
My Names Nobody

His name educated_republican, an oxymoron, says it all.

Reply to
I. Care

Obviously not true since there is a federal mandate to reduce emissions by diesel trucks, (comparable to gas engines) and lower emission engines are required for engines manufactured in 2007.

And your hot-air increasing global warming.

G = MP (Greed = Money x Power)

Right, the formula for Republicans supporting their buddies in business at the expense of the taxpayer.

Reply to
I. Care

Funny you should call me misinformed when you don't even understand the possessive form of "name" (see your handle). Please inform yourself about the use of apostrophes to avoid looking like a fool in public.

A lack of thoroughness also manifests itself in broader thinking. Grammar may not be your strong point, but if you paid attention in science class you'd know that not screwing up the climate matters more than a few extra ft-lbs of torque and one-upsmanship. Somehow, things got hauled and built when truck engines were wimpy by today's standards.

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:55:41 +0000, Mellowed rearranged some electrons to form:

And I KF'd him a couple of years ago.

Reply to
David M

MPG still mirrors CO2 output (no magic scrubbers yet). Cleaner diesels are in the works but CO2 is still not listed as an "emission," although California is working on it. That damned liberal, Arnold and his global warming legislation! Do only Austrian Republicans see that nature is in charge of our fate?

In general, American engines get bigger and more powerful with each rollout. Remember the days when Japanese trucks would never have a V-8? Truck makers barely break even with efficiency because thrift doesn't boost a buyer's ego. Image sells too many things.

I'd like to see a lot more clean diesels with lower displacement. The stout Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter van only has a 2.7L engine. Millions who rarely tow a trailer could forgo the wasted power of big displacement.

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: PLONK!

Reply to
Jim J

I would have loved to have attended grammar school with you, ya stooge. It would have been a pleasure watching you get your butt kicked every frickin day... :-)

Funny how children have the perfect solution to your self-absorbed little egoistical displays...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

His ignorance is only exceeded by yours. His handle is not a possessive but rather a contraction of My Name Is Nobody using the apostrophe to replace the missing letter "I" in Is. Your very transparent attempt at tongue-in-cheek only confirms the fact that you make yourself look like a fool in public and probably in private as well.

///snipped liberal peurile drivel///

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

You're quite right, but it was an honest mistake. Nothing has been exceeded. I got sidetracked because I was thinking of another possessive grammar error I saw recently.

///snipped liberal peurile drivel///

I see you're not so sharp in other areas. You make no effort to explain why power competition matters more than the climate. Global warming evidence is very strong (if you get it from educated sources, not oil salesmen). If grain won't grow in permanent droughts, all the torque in the world won't haul it.

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

It seems you have too much pride to change your handle to "My Name's Nobody" or My Name Is Nobody." Mio nome =E8 Nessuno, Il (1973).

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

It seems you have too much pride to change your handle to "My Name's Nobody" or "My Name Is Nobody." Sergio Leone is turning in his grave.

Steve

Reply to
Educated Republican

Man, if you think the Touaraeag is bad, wait till the new Audi Q999976 comes out! They're going to put their Formula 1 deisel engine in an SUV (not making this up). Ford will have to go over 1000 ft-lb to measure up, by golly. Chevy can just forget about it. The women that buy their trucks don't care that much about torque anyway.

Reply to
Joe

I didn't claim to be an expert in the area of electic transmission systems. However, I first heard this same line of drivel in the 40s, again in the

50s, I missed the 60s and 70s (overseas with the US Air Force), again in the 80s, once again in the 90s, and once again it rears its ugly head.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

I think CO2 limits are long overdue, not because I am a tree hugger or liberal. Detriot has really pushed SUV's with GVW's above 8600 to escape MPG fleet requirements and they get fatter every year. CO2 limits may finaily send a wakeup call to Detriot and make it time to reinvent the SUV and car because they will not do it otherwise. Said thing is that new truck are even less trucky today too making it harder to find a real work truck. GM's latest revision of its truck basicaly has almost a complete "bumper" made of plastic now that can be damaged very easily. THere was a time when a P/U truck was actually a truck but now they are basically car with truck bodies. THis does not mean that we all need to drive little cracker boxes but you do not need a 3 ton SUV with 350 HP+ to go to WalMart or pick up kids at school.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

So where's your cite for a relationship between torque and global warming?

Jack

Reply to
Jack