Trailer Wiring?

I have a 1991 F250 diesel crew cab. I replaced my trailer plug, but now it does not work properly. It is the seven flat receptacle with a around receptacle receiver in the middle. The trailer plug fits, but its wire colors don't all match the trailer for instance there is no red and the trailer has only 6 wires. I imagine there are only a couple of standard set ups - can anyone help.

Thanks, RO

Reply to
Robert Olin

Gary Glaenzer