04 2500HD, brake controller wiring harness

I have the towing package, and am just about finished with the brake controller installation. Unfortunately, the user's manual says "see a qualified installer" in the section about the wiring harness that comes with the truck. Apparently, they can't even tell you which location to plug it into. Probably lawyers.

At any rate, I have the fuse installed in the under hood fuse box, the wires tied in, the only remaining item is taking the factory harness with the connector already on it and installing it in the wiring box in the upper left footwell. Unfortunately, the picture that is attached to the harness itself has a drawing so small no significant details can be made out about specific position within the box.

My question is hopefully pretty simple, which of the available plug locations in that wiring box is the correct location for the harness, or will any of them work ok? I've never needed trailer brakes before, so I just want to make sure not to plug it in to the wrong location and blowing out something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Randy Howard

I should have mine (2500HD) next week. Will get a look at it then but I would expect that there is only one way that it will fit. The colors have to match up to the Blue to the trailer plug, Hot (Blackj) from the fuse box, etc.

Reply to
Dick

Well, the harness *already* has a modular plug on the end of it. The question is, the box has locations with the same shape for probably 4 or 5 such plugs. I'm just not sure which of the seemingly identical "slots" to use for the plug.

Reply to
Randy Howard

Reply to
Bobo

I have an 02 2500HD with tow pkg. and a brake controller. I don't know if it is the same as yours, but I can take a pic of the area I am plugged into and send it to you if it will help. Just email me off ng. MR

Reply to
MR

Reply to
Bobo

I'll give that a try, thank you very much. I admit that I didn't test fit it in the slots to verify, which I should have done.

Reply to
Randy Howard

Thanks for the help "Bobo", that worked perfectly.

Reply to
Randy Howard