What is considered "hig miles" on ford diesels

All,

I am looking for a 2000 to 2004 4x4 f250 powerstroke. I see many with high mileage and was wondering how many miles these trucks generally run before major work has to be done (not just engine, but any significant drive line or other issues). Also, I would like to run biodiesel, how do powerstrokes run on it ?

Thanks for any insight, Roger

Reply to
roger

In my "opinion" ther PS 7.3 was one of the best and most reliable diesel ford ever put in a P/U. As far as high mileage they is not set rule because how it was used and maintained is very important. If you find a 2002 with 150K on it that has been well maintained and never done any seriuos towing it should have a lot of life left but say a

2003 with 75 to 100K that has seen a LOT of seriuos towing may have issues soon (not so much engine as tranny if it is a automatic) You really need to take it on a case by case basis.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

My '99 F350 needed a new trans at 85,000 miles, and a front torque converter and pump seal replacement recently at 120,000.

I think the transmission issue is almost a common occurrence on them. The

250 and 350 use the same trans.

I've never had any trouble with the 7.3L PS engine, and it runs fine on BIO, even quite a bit quieter on it.

I personally would buy another one.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader