what's this plate?

'93 F-150, there's a black metal plate on the firewall right next to the brake booster. Looks like a good spot to drill a hole and run wiring/piping for my aux. gauge panel and cap/trailer hookups. Any problems with this plan? Doesn't look like any kind of special structural reinforcement, but you never know.

if anyone knows a quick reply would be appreciated as if I don't have one in the next couple hours I'll probably go ahead and do it :)

thanks

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If this is an automatic, it is most likely the access point for the clutch shaft.

Reply to
I. Care

makes sense, but it's on the opposite side of the steering column from where the steering column is... is there some kind of bellcrank inside the cab?

Drilling away...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel