Windsheild Wipers

I live in Winnipeg where it seems like it hasn't stopped snowing in 2 months. I went to replace my worn out wipers with new ones at Canadian Tire and was told I need two 20 inch blades. I have a 2000 F150 that I bought used and the drivers side originally had a 20 but the passenger side had a

16 or 18 inch. Anyway I bought the 20s and it doesn't make contact at the farthest end of the windshield (its lifted up) on the passenger side. The 20 seems like it should be there but it doesn't really sit on the windshield properly. Any ideas. Yes I know this is a lame post but I need these wipers working well.
Reply to
Turfinator

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:15:49 +0000, Turfinator rearranged some electrons to form:

Both should be the same size.

Reply to
David M

I'm pretty sure he's right as when I bought blades for my Super Duty, it seemed the 150 were the same application. As for the one side not touching, I'd give it some time and see if it becomes a bit more flexible on its own.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

It does take the 20" ones as I just replaced mine with the Teflon blades. It will settle down on the edge after awhile like the other replies stated,but it will contact the glass on its swipe across the windshield like it should in the middle/top in the meantime.

Reply to
FordStyle

Thanks for the replies. The ones I did purchase were 20inch teflon winter wipers. I guess I'll just wait for them to settle down on the glass.

Reply to
Turfinator

I've got the teflon winter blades on mine and they won't conform to the curve of the windshield. Had them on two months now. Seems the rubber covers on the winter blades won't let them bend enough to conform to the windshield. No problem though, vision is fine otherwise. Eric

Reply to
EFK

I went with bosch wipers, they seem to be very good and fit the shape of the window better than the stock wipers did.

Reply to
Hawk