Teflon Wipers

The windshield wiper blades are a particularly wretched annoyance on my '96SL2. The last time I changed them I used refills from Canadian Tire. The blades would squeak like mad if they had less than a full load of water, and at the end of the stroke they'd turn over and spatter the area just wiped.

Well, thought I'd give the Teflon wipers a try. Took a few weeks for Canadian Tire to replenish their stock, but I finally got a 21" and 22" together. The results are excellent; they're as smooth as butter! Sure is nice to have quiet wipers.

Drawback is price, and I don't know how long they will last. Making the rubber compound softer will make them quieter and likely faster wearing. For now I'm impressed.

Reply to
Box134

I don't recall seeing those at CDN Tire, maybe it's a regional thing. Nice to have something that lets you see better on the road.

I'm sure the Teflon ones are sold in the U.S. under another brand. I tried them dry; completely quiet!

Reply to
Box134

Have a rental Pontiac G6. It has this style as OEM, seem to work well, with a less intrusive visual profile

Chris

Fredericton guy