Windstar 1996 Timing Cover Leak

I know. I know. It's not covered by any secret or otherwise warranties. But, hey! it should be. and the dealer wants $1600 canadian! And i'm afraid the head gaskets will go too. This will kill me.

I've found a couple of pages that talk about how to get ford to pay. But not very good details. And odds of success look low.

Anybody got any links that might help? thanks...thehick

Reply to
thehick

I don't think you stand a chance in hell of getting Ford to pay for a leaking timing cover on a 10 year old vehicle.

Reply to
JimV

www.fixityo'damnself.com :)

a 9+ year old Windstar and you want Ford to foot the bill?? Maybe I can get GM to fix the saggy headliner on my 1971 Olds Cutlass.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I got a canned reply :

***quote*** Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre (CRC). We received your message sent on xxxxxxx xx:xx:xx regarding your vehicle's timing chain cover concern.

As the CRC operates on a paperless documentation system, our policy is to discuss by telephone any requests for assistance beyond a defined warranty period. This also gives you the opportunity to ask questions or discuss the matter in further detail.

***endofquote***

I'll give them a call and see what happens. I'm getting it repaired right now at a private garage so they may not like that either.

This problem is not just a leaky gasket which can happen. It's a known corrosion problem of the timing chain cover. Yes, the cover has antifreeze flowing thru and and isn't built to last. i'm positive if someone's engine block sprung leaks here-and-there, they wouldn't just accept it.

the other funny item is that the concept of a paperless office means no communication except by voice. i think they looked up paperless and thought it means "no audit trail".

this is incredible. the only lucky thing for me is that it took so long too show up. ...thehick

Reply to
thehick

Timing chain covers on Ford and Dodge V-8's have been corroding and then leaking forever so what's the problem. Usually it take 15 years or so before it does it though. Canned reply is kind of interesting though

thehick wrote:

Reply to
Ron