2000 buick lesabre Window front Paasenger side

Help The front passenger side window went down and only would come up about four inches. I only heard the normal electric motor noise going up. when it went back down soft clicks are heard. Doesn't sound like slipping notches. The other windows go up and down ok no clicks. It is about 20 degrees out. I put it in the garage over night to see if being warmer would help. The window now goes up slowly with normal electric motor noise. When it goes back down it seems to move sluggishly and with the soft clicks again.

Is the motor or something else about to go out? Is there a reference that gives some specific detail on replace/repair of the window motor? The Helms manual sounds great but is expensive and not readily available to do the work.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill