2000 Chevy Impala transmission problem.

I am having a problem with my 2000 Chevy Impala LS transmission. On occasion the tranny will shift hard while driving. Always happens when the unit has been warmed up. It is not weather related. It will do it on a cold as well as hot day. Out of the blue it will shift hard from

1st to second on up to overdrive. I can also hear a faint high pitched noise like a hydraulic pump when it does it.

This started about 3 months ago. I had the tranny fluid and filter changed 6 months ago at 70,000 miles. I had the tranny flushed and filled filled a week ago hoping to cure but it still does it. It now has 81,000 miles.

I took it to a transmission repair place while it was doing it and the tech plugged his computer/scope to it and we went for a drive. he could see the fault. The code indicated that the computer was puting the tranny into "high Pressure" Limp home mode. He said usually there are 2 codes present, one telling the computer something is wrong and the other the computer telling the transmision what to do. Mine only showed the code to put the trany in high pressure mode.

He was able to clear the code but it came back on a minute later. He said he would need it for a day or so to figure out what is going on and what needs to be fixed. My question to the group is will driving the car in this condition cause even larger problems to the tranny and does anyone have an idea what may be wrong. I'd hate to get the tranny rebuilt if the only problem might be a wheel speed sensor.

Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks in advance.

remove the "my" in my address to email me.

Reply to
Larry

Shep

Reply to
Larry

Larry, these codes don't seem to be the same as you got, 1811 is for 4wd,

Reply to
Shep