2001 Ford Focus ZTS Rear Left Window Problem

Hey All,

Have a 2001 Ford Focus ZTS & when I opened my rear window (power) herd a clicking noise then opened & then window fall & now I hear motor cant close the window now. I took the panel off to see of there a clip that holds but no. Anyone can tell me what I need to look for I can move window up by hand but it falls back down. I see a cable there towards the bottom loosely but no idea what it is for. This vehicle giving me more headaches than ever.

Thanks

Reply to
Dr. Sysop

I had exactly this same problem with my ZTS. (Actually, I had it twice -- once with the driver's side front window, and once with the passenger-side rear.) The dealer blamed it on the "regulator," which I think is the cable that you saw on the bottom of the door. Apparently, they can break (which is that "clicking" noise you heard; to me it sounded like driving over a twig) and render the window inoperable.

Since I took it to the dealer, I don't know a do-it-yourself way of fixing it. I can't even tell you how much it costs, since the repairs were done under warranty. It didn't take long for them to fix it, though, so it might not be that expensive.

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson