2001 chev astro

I'm having a problem removing the power steering pump on 2001 chev astro mini van. I've removed all components except studs on the back of pump

Reply to
ahwoody

Is there a bolt behind the pulley, I had a blazer that you had to pull the pulley to get to the bolt. I thought it was crappy engineering on GM's part. The pulley just pulls off and presses back on there is no bolts or set screws holding it.

Reply to
The Adams Family

On my S-10 Blazer, you have to remove the pulley to get the steering pump out. Advance Auto had a puller for $25 or so. It was a lot of work, about three hours to change the steering pump.

Important: When replacing an alternator, it is essential to replace the small bolt that holds the back of the alternator to the back of the bracket. if you don't replace this bolt, the bracket breaks abotu two days later, and you have to go to the junk yard and buy anothr bracket. And spend about three hours installing the replacement bracket.

DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon