2002 PA Driver Door PWR Lock

2002 PA not ultra but fully loaded with HUD etc...

The power lock unlock button on the drivers door pushed in. It still works and all but it?s not secure in the hole. I called the dealership and one guy says bring it by when I have about 30 mins so they can pull the panel and see what I need. He also said there are two flavors of this switch for my year and model but they can sort that out when they get the panel off.

When I got to the dealership he was at lunch. The service manager there never pulled the panel but ordered me a switch, bezel and the buttons for the seat memory. He said all those parts need to be changed together and that he would have to have a painter there to paint the bezel. He said I could get a true estimate when the parts arrive.

What do you guys think? Sounds like he is going to throw parts at my car at my expense but I only want what?s necessary to fix what?s broke. Any suggestions how to handle this? How difficult is it to remove the door panel myself?

Reply to
LeBuick

Although I'm a new Park Avenue owner, I've never had the door panels off ( yet ) on this car so I don't know where all the hidden clips and screws may be. I also don't have a service manual yet.

It sounds like maybe some tabs holding the switch into the back of the door panel might of broke off, possibly from the switch being pressed to hard. Maybe only one tab broke off causing the switch to fall into the door panel. I'd see if its possible to use J B Weld and epoxy it back into place if possible. I thin piece of wood with foam glued on it then fastened behind the switch would hold it in place.

You don't know what you've got till you can look behind the panel.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 30,031 91 Bonneville LE 304,173
Reply to
Harry Face