2004 buick dipstick

Anyone know the amount of oil represented for each 'between the dot'? Also, normal oil consumption for the 3800 SC engine?

Thanks all...

Reply to
FanJet

My 3800 has 122,000 miles and I've never had to add oil between changes at

7500 miles. Maybe used a half quart in that time.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If there is four dots between the 'add' line, and the 'full' line, it is safe to assume each dot represents 1/4 quart. The running standard for oil consumption at the gm dealer level is 1 quart in 2000 miles.

Reply to
Certainly