2004 Venture Van Headrest removal?

We bought a 2004 Venture and immediately bought a set of Sheep Skin Seat Covers for the front seats. Unlike prior headrests I've removed to install seat covers these have no visible release mechanism. The plastic rings the posts pass thru don't have the small pin sized release and no small plastic levers, nothing. Feeling thru the seat below the headrests it feels like a metal brace from one post on the headrest across to the other.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Thank You Pete

Reply to
Dale Peterson

Did you try the owners manual?

Reply to
Woody

Dale,

Look at the plastic rings. Both of them have a small hole/notch next to the head rest shaft. You need to push a small diameter rod into both holes. Push down on the rods while lifting up on the head rest (A third hand would be great here). If you can't find any such tool, a couple of small diameter allen wrenches, may do the trick.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

Thanks for the reply guy's, but these are different than any I've seen and I'm a retired GM Service Rep. These plastic rings are attached to the apolstrey with no sign of holes. You can actually pressdown on the plastic rings and move them down about an inch or so before bottoming out. It's not mentioned in the owners hand book and I don't have 2004 manual. I'll check in with Mr Goodwrench at our dealer tommorrow. Thank You Dale

Reply to
Dale Peterson