The 2005 cobalt has the battery in the trunk with a positive post under the
hood for a battery jump. Would this then mean that I would charge the
battery thru the positive post under the hood instead of directly to the
Either one should be fine, its nice having a positive post at both ends of
the car, how many times are you parked nose in and have to jump your car,
but the other car is sitting in the aisle and the cables arn't long enough?
Some years ago, my daughter borrowed an Audi and got stuck in a parking lot.
Cold, dark, miserable, I had to give it a jump to start it. After 15
minutes I finally got the cable on the post, started the car, another 15
minutes to put things back. The next day I found out there was a post for
just that purpose that was easily reached. That was my first encounter with
an off battery connection. Never knew they existed.
I've never seen the battery in my LeSabre. It is under the rear seat and
will be replaced this year.
It is a 2001 LeSabre Limited. Yes, it is normal. It takes a series 100
battery that is about $100. Given that it is six years old, I'm going to
replace it soon before it just goes dead one inconvenient day.
Probably not a bad idea. Havent seen many batteries lately that last even
Lady who helps with my parents-in-law has a Dodge of some sort and
the battery is inside the bumper, so she says. Cant see it from the engine
compartment at any rate. Battery is only a couple of months old, but it
goes down every week or two and I have to put the charger on for her.
Very inconvenient to work on that thing.
UGH! Just like the VW Beetle, battery fumes in the car.
My Wife's Sebring has the battery in front of the left front wheel.
Quite inaccessible, but keeps the fumes outside. It's into it's 6th
year, so we won't go far from home.
My last Chrysler lasted 6 years, exactly 1 yr longer than the original
No, I traded in the '91 Regal. That had 150k and still ran good. Just
needed to much other work to make it worth keeping. The LeSabre will now
get about 3000 miles a year and should last a while longer.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.