3 X or 24X ckp

Does anyone know how to tell which one needs replacing? I have a 1996

3.1 lumina and the check engine light came on so I checked it with a code reader and got P0336 crank shaft position sensor A ckt range/pref I guess theres 2 sensors a 3X and a 24X one how can i tell which one is bad without buying both?
Reply to
Dean Swinger

Shep

You might want to read a helpful article on gm ignitions:

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Paul,

Did the author of the article you provided a l>>

Reply to
Silver Surfer

I don't know, SilSurf. I think I remember asking Motor Age about that several years ago and they did not have it. I never followed up though. Paul.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul