5.3l vortech gmc truck engine performace power?

What can someone do to a truck to get a better time in the 1320 feet quarter mile or 660 eight mile with real hoursepower if you have headers, fresh air intake, programmer, 410 gears dubble locking rear end and nitrious. This I have done and I want to keep the stock motor. What are your best time in the eight & quarter run? List your information on your setup and lets give the 5.3l the power it needs! DO YOU HAVE A BETTER SETUP PLEASE ADVISE!

Reply to
stodd1

Must be something wrong with your engine. My 5.3 came from the factory with more power than it needs.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Reply to
Turbo T

Dave, well that mean you have a good engine but you seem to be a person of no venture. I had a good engine from the factory but like people in a gym, I just wanted to build it up a little and work it out. I also have several other vehicles but I just wanted to play with a truck because this is not your average hot rod, its a truck. If you have any knowledge about making this factory 5.3 faster advise. I respect the fact you have a factory engine but if you had read the statement above you would see I DON"T CARE ABOUT A FACTORY ENGINE! I would like to see what other people have done to increase their horse power. Thanks, TurboT

Reply to
Turbo T

Reply to
Turbo T