More bad luck...

I just had the hearing for the kid who stole my car on Monday... waiting for hours upon hours for a 10 minute hearing. I figured I'd let the kid off a
bit and signed the papers stating that if he paid me back the money for the digital camera within 6 months that he'd have the charges expunged.
I came home this evening from a ride on my Ninja to find a egg splattered on the snake badge on the fender. Only car on the street to be hit.
Seems a lil too coincidental to me. I really don't have any people around here that have a problem with me. I haven't stepped on anyone's toes for a long time.
*sigh*
Time to go wash it off... at least it's still wet..
JS

for
the
on
Time to install a video survalence system.

splattered
around
for
That was my first thought. Any suggestions?
JS

My Logitech webcam comes with motion detection software that will automatically record video onto the HD whenever motion is detected within the video frame. You can pick one up for < $100.
--
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did -
not screaming like the passengers in his car.
JS wrote:

I have a bunch of X10 stuff that I bought when I moved in my new house and I never had the gumption to install. I've heard the X10 cameras are rather cheapish, but they are sittin here in a box doing nothing and in lieu of putting it on Ebay I'm inclined to get rid of them for an overly substatial savings. $350 worth of stuff. $100 for everything? 3 Cams and all the fixins. If you're interested I'll give you a full list of stuff. It includes stuff to hook up to your puter and watch your cams at the house from over the Internet :-D
Are they wireless?
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:30:46 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.
AZGuy wrote:

> Are they wireless? >

Yes
(removing the obvious) to get ahold of me and move the discussion to a more private setting.
Thanks a bunch,
JS
Damn JS... any of your neighbors getting egged or messed with? Somebody really doesn't like you... :( Hope your luck changes for the better.
-Mike
(removing the obvious) to get

Neighbors are fine. No other cars are getting hit, just my stuff.
I seriously only think it could be that one kid... but I can't really say for sure. Oh well... thanks for the change-of-luck wishes...
JS
(removing the obvious) to

JS wrote:

Or one of his worthless homies. You have email on the way.
Damn man you can't catch a break. That really sucks. Hopefully it doesn't mess anything up (paint, etc). I wouldn't be parking the car in the garage or sheltered car port. Something.. seems too coincidental, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Video surveillance isn't a bad idea.
-Mike

for
the
on
The car is going away for winter storage soon (in an off-site garage), but for now, it'll have to fare on the street. My garage is full of crap and it would probably be worse for the car to park it there.
*sigh*
Oh well... such is life. I'll find out if he did it or not. I knew he stole the car months before the police or courts contacted me, and he's a minor. I have a pretty good network of people around here that take care of each other... they're all young punks like myself or younger.
I'll get a name... and if it's him, I think it's time I paid him a visit.
Video surveillance isn't a bad idea, but I shouldn't have to go through the expense and hassle of installing one because one juvenile moron wants to play games.
JS

splattered
around
for
Yeah I understand the video surveillance thing.. it does seem a little pricey for potentially just 1 little punk kid. He needs some discipline. Anybody who has the sheer ignorance to mess with somebody elses property like that should be kept at home :P. I could never in my life egg a car so nice as a Cobra or any Mustang.. not even if I hated the person. Hell I'd have trouble egging any car... and as for STEALING one.. my lord! never! *sigh* that is life though for some people--unfortunately. Hope things work out... find the little bastard.
-Mike

waiting
off
for
<<...for now, it'll have to fare on the street. My garage is full of crap and it would probably be worse for the car to park it there..>>
Gee man, you have a garage and you leave your ride on the street? No excuses. You're VERY lucky to have a garage... USE IT! That will end your problems. Just spend one day cleaning it out, I'm sure that whatever's in there is less important than your car and can be thrown away. Do you really need that old basketball hoop, worn out snow tires, broken lawn chairs, etc? Throw it all AWAY. Clean that garage out and put your car in there where it belongs... this way no one can screw with it. I wouldn't even dream of leaving my Stang out in the street overnight, anywhere, ever. That's just asking for trouble, no matter where you live. Even if I need to visit someone and stay overnight, I always make sure they at least have a safe driveway where I can park. If not, I don't go or I take my old $300 beater car. Several guys I know do not own their own garage, but they put a large portion of their paychecks toward RENTING a garage to park their cars in because this is the only way to keep the car safe from wise-ass punks, thieves and slobs. If you actually HAVE a garage at your disposal, count your blessings, get rid of whatever crap is in there, and get your car in there as soon as you can. This IS the answer!
Setting up video cameras etc... in the end, you can never really "catch" anyone... and even if you do, if you go after some punk bastard and break his jaw, you'll just wind up in court and be in more trouble.... in real life, this kinda stuff just doesn't work out as cool as it does for Clint Eastwood on TV, etc. Don't ask how I know. The best bet is to just PREVENT such troubles to begin with. Keep the car safe, and you don't need to worry about cameras, or having to track down various assorted punk bastards and kick their asses. Finally, you just want the car to remain in good condition so you can enjoy it. Put it in the garage, lock the garage well of course, and you should be all set.
Your car was hit with an EGG? Well, Halloween was just the other day... it's pretty common for kids to throw eggs. To my knowledge, an egg shouldn't hurt a good well-waxed paint job, so I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't consider this a problem at all. Bird shit is probably worse anyway, and birds probably crap on your car more often than it gets hit by eggs. Be thankful no one smashed all your glass or slit all your tires... now THAT would really suck.
I stopped leaving my cars on the street many years ago after someone shot a hole through the rear quarter panel of one of my car's with a .38. Then shortly thereafter a neighbor's car parked only 20 feet away was stolen. You just CANNOT leave a nice car in the street.... sorry. If you do, you must expect and accept such problems. Yeah, it stinks, but that's the world we live in. It's time to clean the garage.

world
By "worse for the car to park it there" I mean that it's not much of a garage. The roof leaks, the floor is mud, the neighborhood cats seem to have a way of getting in there and tearing things up. I'd take my chances with the street thugs because A) I know most of them... and B) I haven't really pissed anyone off... save for that kid, and that was only because I wanted back what was mine.
The car would probably rot out faster in there and get torn up by the cats. A simple cleaning isn't in order, the thing needs a new roof, new doors (including man doors) and a new concrete floor... and right now, cash isn't in order to do that.
JS
JS wrote:

Hey, don't even go near the little f*ck that stole your car. Nothing you can do outside a courtroom is an asset, just a liability. We ought to cane convicted thieves on TV and send 'em home, but we're too "civilized" for that. So, you need to stay away from the thief, especially since it's a minor. You touch it and you likely land in jail. You don't need to serve time for someone else.
Dana

That's right, you can pick the little f 'er off from half a mile away with the right rifle/scope combo.
Just remember, sssqqqqquuuuueeeeeezzeeee the trigger. :)
I hate to sound harsh here but CLEAN OUT YOUR F***ING GARAGE!
Kate
| > > I just had the hearing for the kid who stole my car on Monday... waiting | > for | > > hours upon hours for a 10 minute hearing. I figured I'd let the kid off | a | > > bit and signed the papers stating that if he paid me back the money for | > the | > > digital camera within 6 months that he'd have the charges expunged. | > > | > > I came home this evening from a ride on my Ninja to find a egg | splattered | > on | > > the snake badge on the fender. Only car on the street to be hit. | > > | > > Seems a lil too coincidental to me. I really don't have any people | around | > > here that have a problem with me. I haven't stepped on anyone's toes | for | > a | > > long time. | > > | > > *sigh* | > > | > > Time to go wash it off... at least it's still wet.. | > > | > > JS | > > | > > | > | > | |
SVTKate wrote:

Yeah, if I did it anyone can. Had to make room for the new daily driver.