'89 Buick run without battery?

We are going to junk an '89 Buick Park Ave by pulling it to the junkyard with a chain. We want to have the car running so it'll have pwr steering and brakes whilst we pull it. Can we remove the battery once we start it so we don't have to take it out at the junkyard -- or will the car die when we remove the battery. The charging system is known to be good. I know you used to be able to remove the battery on older cars as they ran, but I have heard removing the battery on the newer fuel inj cars would cause them to die.

Reply to
dog arms

Yeah, you can do it. Make sure everything is off. Might have to rev it to 1000 rpm or so. Make sure the + battery cable does not short out to ground.

Reply to
Paul

Pull the battery at the yard.

Reply to