'91 S15 Jimmy parking brake warning light is on constant

That's odd. You do have ABS right? Terminal "H" is the ABS test terminal and terminal "B" is the engine test terminal.

I'm at a loss, did you check the e-brake switch yet?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Sorry I shorted A to B, I was looking at the picture and not your instructions.

I went out and shorted A to H. I should have left well enough alone because now the brake light flashes 3 short one long. This does not stop flashing even after removing the paper clip and turning the car of then on.

Did I screw up the computer? How can I reset this? I hope I can. Please help!

Reply to
Bruce Stemplewski

Hrm, not sure why it keeps doing it. However, code 31 means "Right Rear Speed Sensor or Circuit Open". Check the resistance between the two terminals on the speed sensor.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Steve Mackie wrote: !

Where is the speed sensor? How do you know it is code 31? I was told this should clear after I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes. Is this true?

Reply to
Bruce Stemplewski

That is a true statement. The wheel speed sensor is behind the rear brake drum, mounted to the backing plate. If you look behind the backing plate you should see the plug going into the backing plate.

3 short flashes and 1 long flash means "31".

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

What does the wheel speed sensor do? Is it for ABS?

It may be a while before I can do this. It is very cold outside and I do not have a garage.

What resistance should I be measuring?

Is this what you are talking about?

Bruce Stemplewski

This article says:

Alternatively, on rear-drum applications, you'll usually find them mounted on the differential housing. Whatever their location, they supply information regarding wheel speed to the ABS computer. Under braking, if wheel speeds are not equal, indicating wheel lockup, the computer modulates the anti-lock feature until the speeds are equal again.

Is main on the backing plate and not the differentail housing?

Reply to
Bruce Stemplewski

Backing plate

Reply to