92 Buick Park ave NO WIPERS

I suspect the wiper switch and was wondering how big a deal it is to change? I assume the steering wheel will need to be removed? Thanks.

Reply to
Mastermech

If it's anything like my '88 Pontiac 6000 and '91 Olds Ciera, you just pull the lever out away from the steering column until it pops off (there might be some kind of clip you have to remove first). There is a long cable (for the cruise control) attached to it that threads through the steering column to underneath the dash. Unplug it from under the dash, and tie a string to the end of the cable. Then when you pull the cable up through the steering column, you can tie the new cable to the string and pull it back through the other way.

I got my replacement levers at the junkyard for $5 - but look out for wear on the cruise control cable where it enters the steering column - that's why I had to replace each of mine.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

If your turnsignal lever has that paddle that sticks up for the washers then you twist the paddle forward before pulling the lever out of the steering column. Pull steady, but be warned the wire harness is only like a 1 inch give. If you pull to hard and out to fast its bye bye wires.

I've been wanting to replace mine because all the white lettering has worn off from 14 years of use, but I really don't need the words to know how to work it.

Good Luck.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,811 miles
Reply to
Harry Face