94 Lumina Sedan 3.1 Neutal Safety

Hi,

I was wondering where the neutral safety switch is located on my 94 Lumina Sedan, 3.1 engine automatic. Also, is it possible to (temporarily) bypass/short the switch in order to start the vehicle?

Many thanks,

Reply to
capecod

"capecod" wrote in news:1155499835.883113.39000 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

it is the large switch on top of transaxle where gear select cable pops on to shift shaft lever......bypass..why?.........if switch wont allow starter engagement just apply battery voltage to purple solenoid engage wire at solenoid or in large loom by master cyl if you must drive it b4 replaceing switch........Disclaimer: ensure vehicle in park, emerg. brake fully set, key in 'run' position b4 manually starting with jumper OR have on your best running shoes so you can catch your W body in the shortest distance...........kjun

Reply to
KjunRaven