95 Camaro Theft Deterrent System

I have a 95 camaro w/auto-trans that caught on fire in the engine compartment. I found a 94 w/std-trans. I swapped out the Wiring Harness, computer, engine, etc.

The engine turns over, Spark plugs fire, but NO fuel. I have heard that it is the theft deterrent system and that the key matches the computer. Chevy dealer said that the key does not match the computer in the engine compartment but a computer inside the car.

Is there a way to disable the theft deterrent then I can at least make sure the car will run and everything I swapped over works.

I want to make sure it works before I take it to a professional and spend a bunch of money, only to find out that I need a

95 wiring harness. :)

Thx, KenG

Reply to
ken_g_man

Check Google for computer re-programming services and you should find out where to have the VATS by-passed--that eliminates the theft deterrent system. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Reply to
Chevrolet