95 transport

What's it like to change a motor (3800) on one of these? The motor has 450K on it, still runs, but leaks somewhere out the bottom. I can't see from where at this point but must be a seal or two. The transmission was done at about 200k the owner tells me. Plenty of highway miles (sales).

The motor must drop out the bottom I take it. Can it be done by using a series of steps with trolley jacks and stands? I don't have a traditional hoist or access but I do have a garage where I could lift the vehicle's front end with a chain hoist as an alternative.

This thing I'm looking at needs plenty of TLC but is so cheap I can hardly turn it down. Much of it is simple, tires, RH triangle window, battery, seat broken (which might be weldable) major interior cleaning, radio.

Experienced people out there willing to comment on the motor and tranny?

Reply to
monkeywench