Trans Filter ?

Does GM sell the transmission filter without the pan gasket?

List Price was $ $37.71 My cost was $28 & tax.

My buddy said the gaskets are now reusable, so I was wondering if the filter is available separately.

When I changed the transmission oil last September, the ( previuos ) gasket stayed on the pan, intact and I thought to myself, This looks good enough to reuse.

If there is a " next " trans oil change I'll reuse the same gasket.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,525 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

For a couple dollars you are going chance reusing the used gasket?

Reply to
Woody

Harryface, This question was posted awhile back and I believe that Ian had stated that GM does have reusable transmission pan gaskets. So the filter is availed separately, at least on some transmissions.

I'm sure he can elaborate farther.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Yes, if you have the re-usable gasket, that's all you get. You need to check the re-usable gasket, because eventually, with age, they do get some cracks in them and will leak. Every now and then I have the replace one while doing a trans service.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

The AC Delco filter kit for my '93 Eldo 4.9 comes sans gasket. The gasket seems to be neoprene with some sort of metal insert in it. I cleaned it off, torqued to spec. No leaks. FWIW YMMV DFB

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all."

- Justice William O. Douglas

Reply to
MisterSkippy