97 grand am elect problem

My son has a 97 Grand Am, quad 4 automatic. All of a sudden the ac compressor doesn't come on and the gages don't work in the instrument panel. With the key in the run position the temp gage is in the middle of the range (car is still hot) and the fuel gage is about 1/2 tank. Once the engine is started all the gages flatline, the tach doesn't work and like I said the AC Compressor doesn't work. I checked fuses at the fuse block in the passenger compartment and also in the engine compartment. Using a continuity tester they all seemed fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
<tbustamante

RE-ground everything: engine, dash, gauges, ecu, etc.

Reply to
Pyats