99 suburban radio annoyance

Hi, just bought a 99 suburban. Trouble is the radio always reverts back to a pre-set eq setting after the truck is turned off and restarted. This happens regardless of how I change the bass and treble settings or if I attempt to turn the pre-set eq off. Every time the truck is shut off and back on, the thing reverts back to the annoying eq pre-set! No owners manual to help myself figure it out. Please help me!!

Reply to
Swivvy

Follow this procedure:

Equalizer settings are retained in memory for each individual station you have programmed into the radio's memory (preset) buttons.

  1. Select the station you want to listen to, either manually or one already in memory by using a preset button.
  2. Set the equalizer controls as you want them.
  3. Enter the station in memory (either in a new location/preset button if it's a new station or the same location/preset button if it's one already programmed). Typically you do this by pressing and holding the preset button of choice until the radio beeps, but your radio may require you to hit a Memory button first.
  4. Repeat this procedure for every station you have set in memory, and for every new station you add to the presets.
  5. Every time you select this station by using it's preset button it will now retain the equalizer settings you selected.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race