ABS ?

I have a sensor on my 98 Jimmy that the wire has broken. My wife needs to use it and I don't have time to fix it until this weekend. Can I remove the fuse to deactivate the system and make the repair later.

Reply to
Tim

I would just remove the big fuse under the hood, dont remove the one from the little fuse panel beside the drivers door, then the cruise wont work either.

Reply to
abomb69

"Tim" wrote in news:29WdnTelD6pwWtzbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

nothing needs removed. ABS is now inactive. normal hydraulic brakes are active...........you would want to insulate broken wire as not to get any shorts that MIGHT confuse brake system.............kjun

Reply to
Kjun

They are designed to activate when a wheel is ready to lock up, be the road dry or wet. Hit the brakes hard enough and it will activate.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They did activate even on dry road. I felt it as dangerous with the way it was. I pulled the 60 amp fuse for now. I will repair the sensor Saturday or sooner.

Reply to
Tim

I will explain a little better with the bad sensor the ABS was activating even with slight brake pressure on dry pavement. That is why I wanted to disconnect them till I can fix the sensor

Reply to
Tim

You can still drive it with no problems. You simply won't have a functioning ABS should an emergency situation arise, but then again, it will be no different than a vehicle that does not have ABS.

Willy

Reply to
Willy