Air Bag Deploys At WrongTime.

They are not getting away with anything, and yes they are rolling the dice, big time.

However, to be fair, it is not very common. (Thank goodness!)

Maybe some day an air-bag will help prevent a serious injury to him or his family, and he'll feel otherwise.

I guess we all agree, very poor engineering. Electronics should never, ever be at floor level in a vehicle. The environment is just way too harsh, and I doubt that that module was weather proofed in any way either.

Reply to
Re: Air Bag Deploys At WrongTi

My last post on the subject in this thread at least.

I noted my FIL kept the air bag switch in his pickup on "Off". I just thought he was being old-fogeyish.

Then, my stock advisor's daughter was injured in an auto accident where the bag DID activate.. She required surgery, including plastic surgery, to repair the injury that the bag caused.

I still think that they save lives, but there is no doubt they can be dangerous in their own right.

Reply to
hls

It is not clear to me that they save lives when the occupants are properly belted in. Air bags were originally introduced because so many people were not buckling their seat belts, thus passive restraints were mandated.

Reply to
Roger Blake

i think they work for chicks that insist on sitting hunched right up over the wheel. even with a belt on, impact causes the head to strike the steering wheel pretty hard.

Reply to
jim beam